The most trusted name in family safety
Parental Control Feature Summary
- Time Limit Controls: Yes
- Internet Blocking: Yes
- Web Filtering: Yes
- Chat Monitoring: Yes
- Activity Reports: Yes
- Email Alerts: Yes
- Remote Access: Yes
- Download Blocking: No
- Predator Alerts: Yes
- Keystroke Logging: Yes
- 100% Guarantee: Yes
- Trial Download: Yes
- Price: $119
McGruff SafeGuard Parental Control Software Review
McGruff SafeGuard is truly unique on its own. It is the only parental control software that has direct connections with National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) which helps parents fight against online sex predators. McGruff SafeGuard does not let you battle alone. It connects and involves you with a community of parents with the same goal to safeguard their children. Detailed features include:
- McGruff SafeGuard just needs to be installed once and it can record all logged users who might use the computer.
- It has artificial intelligence that can analyze your children’s online behaviors.
- It can monitor both sides of Instant Messaging conversations.
- It has predator watch that can detect suspicious online sex offenders that might communicate with your children. Suspected predator’s account can also be blocked.
- Parents have the option to report suspected sex predators to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC).
- The monitoring settings can be customized as per age bracket or by parent’s own preference.
- Alert notifications are sent to parents via email or text message of suspicious activities.
- Activity reports can be viewed up to 3 months worth of data.
- It has sends email reports daily.
- It runs on complete stealth mode.
- Parents can limit and schedule the time their children can use the computer.
- It logs words and phrases typed, all searched websites, IM conversations and programs used.
McGruff SafeGuard is an innovative solution for most parents who are always bombarded with office works and often than not are too busy to safeguard their children’s computer activities. It is not like other parental control software available in the market where it only monitors the exterior surface of your child’s activities. Parents do not have to rely on tedious browsing of screenshots. It has artificial intelligence that can carefully analyze and detect what activities your children are involved into might it be pornography, cyber bulling, online sex solicitation and many others. It thoroughly examines what sites your child visits and what dangerous activities your children incur. It immediately alerts parents of such behaviors either via text message or email.
Its monitoring system is so powerful that it can even detect deleted website visit on any browsers. Therefore, parents can know all attempted and visited websites their children go to, what they do there; how long they check that site and how often do they visit it. McGruff also checks all searched keywords your children types on all search engines. If the site is inappropriate it immediately blocks it. It does not only monitor websites; but, it also checks both sides of all their instant messaging conversations.
If your children are too fond of using chat lingos, McGruff SafeGuard can secure that parents still knows what their children are talking about. It can translate chat lingos such as “NIFOC (Nude In Front of Computer” or “PIR (Parent In Room)”. It can also log all emails (sent and received) made by your children including those that were deleted.
McGruff SafeGuard also has key stroke features where it can capture your children’s passwords and usernames. This can be used to check their social networking accounts. This enables parents to view what their children post in their walls, what pictures were uploaded and personal messages they had with others. If the system suspects of users that might be soliciting your children for sex or bullying them on such accounts, alert notifications are immediately sent.
Time scheduling and time limits is also one feature that McGruff Safeguard has. Parents can allot time frames as to when can their children surf the net and use internet applications. This imposes more discipline and time management that your children can religiously follow.
McGruff SafeGuard allows parents to be involved in a community of parents who are all in one agenda. In here parents can converse with each other. They can ask questions or share their own experiences. If for instance they have suspected a sex predator, they can warn other member parents too. This gives a sense of urgency to any parent in the community that they are not alone and have yet to help others protect someone else’s children.
Although, it may seem that McGruff SafeGuard has it all which can fully protect your children’s online activities, it still lacks blocking features for downloading software and applications. This is one feature that we hope to see in there next software enhancement.
If a parent suspects an Internet predator is communicating with their child, SafeGuard lets you report the suspected predator to law enforcement via the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC). At the same time, SafeGuard blocks that predator from communicating with your child as well as ALL children who are protected by SafeGuard.
- SafeGuard is the perfect solution for a parent that work full-time and/or travel often.
- When you install SafeGuard, specify that you want to be notified only when your child may be in a dangerous situation (indicated by what they are chatting about).
- When SafeGuard detects a dangerous situation, we send you an email or alert you via cell phone text message.
- SafeGuard allows you to access your account from anywhere. You can log on from your laptop or smartphone.
McGruff SafeGuard is an authorized, licensed product of The National Crime Prevention Council and McGruff The Crime Dog, and the first and only service to electronically connect parents with law enforcement in their common battle against Internet sexual predators.