Helping to Keep Your Kids Safe Online
Parental Control Feature Summary
- Time Limit Controls: No
- Internet Blocking: Yes
- Web Filtering: Yes
- Chat Monitoring: Yes
- Activity Reports: Yes
- Email Alerts: Yes
- Remote Access: Yes
- Download Blocking: No
- Predator Alerts: No
- Keystroke Logging: Yes
- 100% Guarantee: Yes
- Trial Download: No
- Price: $49.95
PC Tattletale Parental Control Software Review
PC Tattletale is a parental control monitoring software program that records all your children’s computer and internet activities. PC tattletale has many parental control features in comparison to other software applications. Here is alist of its primary features:
- It has keylogger feature that can monitor and record every keystroke activities of your children. Keystroke activity reports are can be sorted into date and time.
- Has the ability to screenshot every computer and internet activities of your children from the moment they log in. Screenshots settings can also be altered as per interval options.
- Records every website your child has visited.
- Can monitor your child’s social networking activities such as what posts they say and what pictures and videos they have uploaded.
- Records both sides of your child’s Instant Messages in popular sites such as Yahoo Messenger, MSM, AIM and Windows Messenger.
- Can record all emails both sent and received. It can even forward you a copy of your children’s emails.
- It can block websites that your children visit by URL or by keywords and phrases.
- It is a fully stealth operated software and your children can never detect.
PC Tattletale monitoring can record almost everything that is going on with your children’s computer and internet activities. Screenshots are immediately recording everything that your child does from the moment they log in. It can record all their online searches and website visits.
PC Tattletale can also monitor your entire child’s social networking behavior. It can give you updates as to what your children have posted on their walls including their photo and video uploads.
PC Tattletale has the capability to monitor your children’s program activities such as what desktop games they have played, what spreadsheet and database programs have they used. It can check if your children have transferred and downloaded files from any website.
Let us say your child is a music lover or a movie fanatic. The system can detect if your children have downloaded files from sites such as limewire, CNETdownload.com, or even Torrents. It can also detect if they have saved files into their Flash drives, DVD and Zip files and even with removable media such as CDs. Peer to peer activities are also being monitored in cases that your child transferred files to their friends.
PC Tattletale’s filtering and blocking feature is typical of software of this type. You can preset the sites to block according to red flagged words, phrases, and URLs. If your child tries to access websites containing these red flagged words, they will see a "404 page not found" error. For example, they tried to search websites concerning drugs such as "streetdrugs.org" the system will automatically block this site because of the red flag word "drug."
What’s good about it is your children will have the assumption that there is something wrong with these sites and will never get a slightest clue that you have blocked these sites. It can also block Instant Messaging websites and can even block peer-to-peer file transferring.
The only drawback of PC Tattletale so far is its remote monitoring feature. Although it sends you email of your child’s online chat and email activities it does not however have the capability to let you view recorded screenshots through their website. You can only view them on the same PC that you are monitoring with.
This program also lacks a time control feature that allows you to set time limits on when your kids can use the computer. Other than that PC Tattletale is a good tool to monitor all your children’s computer and internet activities.