Online Child Safety
Parental Control Feature Summary
- Time Limit Controls: Yes
- Internet Blocking: Yes
- Web Filtering: Yes
- Chat Monitoring: Yes
- Activity Reports: Yes
- Email Alerts: Yes
- Remote Access: Yes
- Download Blocking: Yes
- Predator Alerts: No
- Keystroke Logging: Yes
- 100% Guarantee: Yes
- Trial Download: Yes
- Price: $59.90 per computer
PureSight Parental Control Software Review
PureSight offers reliable and accurate monitoring system to protect your children from internet bullies and pornographic websites. It matches most of parental control software and goes above notch with its revised and enhanced features like:
- Parents can limit the time their children can use the computer. It can also limit certain applications like use of IMs, Facebook and other computer and internet applications.
- It has key stroke features that detect malicious and vulgar words and phrases your children might use during their IM conversations. Parents are immediately alerted of such activities via email.
- The system can automatically block your children IM buddies if they uses foul words against your children. The ban will only be uplifted if you wish to do so.
- It is language sensitive so even foul words of other languages can be detected.
- Sets the most restricted child’s profile as the default profile for all users.
- Parents can choose from 17 web blocking categories to block websites. They also have the options to manually input their specified websites.
- Override passwords can be given to older children to allow them to access the filtered site by about 10 more min.
- It has Active Content Recognition feature that can detect new uploaded websites.
- It filters website based on both URLs and alerted keywords.
- It can limit peer-to-peer sharing of files.
PureSight one main goal when it was created was to stop cyber bullying and internet sex solicitation which is very rampant. The software has Active Chat Inspection (ACI) feature that cleverly analyzes the contents of your children’s conversations. Most often than not, parents do not know terms like “NIFOC (Nude In Front Of Computer)”, “PITA (Pain in the Ass)” or “PIR (Parent in Room)”, which most teenagers use on their chat conversations. Active Chat Inspection detects such computer lingo and immediately informs parents of suspicious conversations online via email.
PureSight has the capability to block IM users that might curse or use malicious language towards your children. Ban will only uplift if you allow them to converse with your child again. It is so precise that it can even detect foul lingo of other foreign languages. Your children are also banned from providing vital and confidential info such as their names, email addresses, phone numbers and even their credit cards.
PureSight has 17 website blocking categories that parents can choose from. Parents can also manually customize what sites to block and what to allow. Parents will be at ease all the time knowing that the filtering process is based from URLs and alerted keywords. So whatever web browser your children uses, either it is a proxy or a web link, if the sites suits the specified category it will be blocked.
PureSight also has Active Content Recognition (ACR) that smartly analyzes new uploaded websites based on the standard blocking categories. It has been said that millions of new pornographic sites are being downloaded every minute; therefore, it would be hard for your children to stumble upon these sites because of ACR feature.
Time control limit is also one advance tool of PureSight. Parents cannot only limit the surfing time of their children but it can also limit as per application. For instance, you can only allow 20 min of chat activities, 15 min of Facebook viewing and 25 min of internet surfing. If incase your child needs more time to surf and the time limit has been reached, you can give them temporary bypass passwords. These passwords can be used to buy them more time to surf the net. A report of the allowed time will also show on their detailed report.
Scheduled reports are also being sent to parents via email or can be viewed remotely at anytime and anywhere. Parents can also choose to select what reports to be sent to them. It is organized as per day, weekly or monthly. Real Time alerts is also one reliable source of information for cases where your children are being bullied or are engaging on unwanted activities.
Although PureSight has almost all advance features that parental control software can offer it still lacks one vital feature which could have been more helpful. It does not have predator watch which parents can use to check if their children could have been conversing with sex offenders in their area. But in general PureSight is can still be a parental software worth investing for.