Your Online Chaperone
Parental Control Feature Summary
- Time Limit Controls: No
- Internet Blocking: Yes
- Web Filtering: Yes
- Chat Monitoring: Yes
- Activity Reports: Yes
- Included Email Alerts: No, $29.95 extra
- Remote Access: Yes
- Download Blocking: No
- Predator Alerts: No
- Keystroke Loggin: Yes
- 100% Guarantee: Yes, just 5 days
- Trial Download: No
- Price: $97
WebWatcher Parental Control Software Review
WebWatcher is a keystroke logging program, which means every single word that is typed into the computer is recorded and saved for you to review later. It lacks many of the features associated with traditional parental control software programs, but If you have the need to spy on everything your children do on a computer, than this may be a good choice for your needs.
Since the program records every typed word, you will have the ability to secretly read every email your children ever send, and every instant message conversation they may have.
But WebWatcher goes even further. Now you can see every website your kids visit, and get screenshots of what they are looking at on the computer. All this information is stored at your private account, which is hosted by WebWatcher.com. This gives you the ability to check on your children's Internet activities at your convenience, even if you are at work.
Here is a complete list of WebWatcher features:
- Read every email your children send or receive.
- See every attachment they either send or receive in email.
- Read all of your kid's online chat conversations from Instant Messaging software like AIM, MSN Messenger, Windows Messenger and Yahoo Messenger.
- Get screenshots sent to your email address when alert keywords have been triggered.
- Block access to websites.
- Block usage of certain computer programs. Install it in multiple computers and you can remotely monitor your children’s activities from any web browser at any time of the day.
- Prohibit your kid from peer-to –peer sharing of files.
The one downside of a keystroke logger is that it can be a tremendous task to go through all the data that will accumulate. Obviously, the more a child is using the computer, the more you have to review. If you have a need for spying on more than one child, than the amount of reading increases proportionately.
There is an additional fee to use the software on multiple computers.
As your children surf the Internet and use their computers, they will not have any indication you are spying on them, nor will they be able to remove the program from the computer.
If you’re a novice computer user yourself, you don’t have to worry about firewalls and IP addresses or even with excessive setup procedures. This software is firewall friendly that it can be installed easily and can run undetected by your tech savvy children without any hitch.
If you have more than 2 children you can install the WebWatcher at multiple computers at home provided you purchase their individual licenses. This software will allow you to monitor all your children all at the same time through its remote access feature. Plus, with feature you can check all their activities real time 24/7 from any parts of the world using a different computer within reach of any web browser.